Ricotta & Herb Stuffed Portabellos
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 35 Min
- ½ red onion, large
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 250g ricotta
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, finely diced
- 400g Large Portabello Meadow Mushrooms
- Handful parmesan cheese, grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Chop onion and garlic. Fry the onion on low/medium heat with a good splash of oil and a pinch of salt for 3 mins.
- Add garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, pesto, parsley, thyme, pine nuts, tomatoes, and the cooked onions and garlic. Season with pepper and mix.
- Remove the stalk from the mushroom. Spoon the ricotta mix into the mushrooms and gently spread it around.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, sprinkle over the chili, lemon zest, and parsley and serve immediately with a side salad.
- You can also dice up the stalks and add them to the ricotta mix. Or keep them to make soups, stocks, sauce, add to pasta or scrambled eggs. Less waste more goodness!