4 of the easiest mushroom soups
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 5 Min
- Various - refer Method section
- Your favourite Meadow Mushroom variety - white for a milder flavour, brown for a more earthy flavour
- Soup #1: Simmer sliced Meadow Mushrooms in a rich stock, add sourdough breadcrumbs, blend and serve while hot.
- Soup #2: Pour hot miso soup over sautéed Meadow Mushrooms and add dried wakame (seaweed) or fresh spring onions. Stir through and serve while hot.
- Soup #3: Simmer sliced Meadow Mushrooms in a spicy broth of chilli paste (fried off), stock, chopped tomatoes and finely sliced lime leaves. Finish with a good squeeze of lime juice and some fish sauce. Stir through and serve while hot.
- Soup #4: Sauté sliced or quartered Meadow Mushrooms with onions and your favourite herbs. Stir in 1 Tbsp flour per 250g mushrooms, add some cold stock and stir until smooth. Add more stock until you have a soupy texture, then blend to a smooth soup. Stir in cream or crème fraiche and heat through before serving.