Roast Mushroom, Pesto & Lemon Rice Salad
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 2 cups brown rice
- 400g Meadow Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 3 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 100g green beans, chopped & steamed
- fresh basil to serve
- shaved parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Slice mushrooms in half and add to a large oven tray. Add the rosemary and garlic then drizzle over the olive oil.
- Slice the red capsicum into large pieces and red onion into small wedges. Add to the oven tray and stir everything together. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the pesto, olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked brown rice then mix in the pesto dressing. Add the steamed green beans, roasted red onion and roasted mushrooms.
- Dice the roasted red capsicum into small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix everything together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Rice salad will keep well for up to 2 days in the fridge. Just make sure the cooled rice isn't left at room temperature for more than two hours before you refrigerate.
- Cook once, eat twice! Any leftovers make a great filling for a stuffed portabello. Twist or cut out the stems, dice them up and add them to the rice salad leftovers, fill the portabello, top with grated cheese and bake at 180C for 5-10 mins. Also works in a stuffed capsicum.